Next AAUW Used Book Sale
We especially love to receive collectible books. These are not just “old” books but can be books on special topics, books with collectible pictures, first editions with pristine dust jackets, unique children’s books in excellent condition, art books and other “coffee-table” books. So, please consider donating one of your treasured volumes. We promise to value it, to find a good home for it, and to use the proceeds from your rare and special book to support education for some lucky woman.
“Curios and collectibles” are a special category. We always welcome that amazing book that is too special to give away without finding just the right owner. Our appraiser helps us evaluate such books so don’t fear that their value will be overlooked. We will find the right place for them.
Moving along a rare book, a scarce book, a book of considerable worth, is an act of recycling with a cultural value.
— Curio Chair, Ewa Bacon
You can help us out by being on the lookout for such treasures—at home, among friends and family, and even at estate sales where they may be hidden.
Note to Members:
Members find that working on the Used Book Sale is a great way to meet people while contributing to AAUW, the nation’s oldest and largest source of scholarship funding for women.
- Volunteers Needed: We need volunteers throughout the year to pick up books from the drop off locations and to sort books in the storage area (when scheduled). Watch for announcements in Twigs or email Carolyn.
- Click to contact Carolyn to add your name to the email distribution.
- To volunteer for book pick ups, email Carolyn
- To help with sorting books, email Carolyn.
- For information about the book sale storage locker, go to the Members Only page.
On the Monday before the, sale we move the books from the locker to the Civic Center. At the Civic Center, we need help opening the boxes and displaying the books on tables. Volunteers are requested to sign up for one or more 3-hour shifts on the two and a half days prior to the sale.
No heavy lifting for our members – we hire movers for that! To find out how you can help with the Book Sale, email Carolyn.
Our book sale is also listed with: