Click for current TWIGS newsletter
Next Branch Event:
Saturday, November 7, 2020, 9:30 AM
Staying Healthy and Managing Stress
Dr. Julia Liebich, Doctor of Naturopathic and Chiropractic Medicine, presents Staying Healthy and Managing Stress. She has had extensive past experiences as Chief Clinician, Attending Clinician, and Instructor in the Department of Health Sciences at the National University of Health Sciences. She believes in simple solutions that can help improve our health through creative recipes, essential oils, and healthy non-toxic living. Please join us for some helpful tools to help us stay sane, safe, and healthy.
Contact Frankie for further details.
Branch Activity Updates:
- The January 6, 2021, (Wednesday, 7 PM ZOOM) Branch Meeting will feature the
author, Linda Hirschman, who wrote Sisters in Law: How Sandra Day O’Connor
And Ruth Bader Ginsburg Went to the Supreme Court and Changed the World.
Our new Branch initiative, Science Girls on the Go, is reaching parents looking for at home STEM activities during the pandemic. Click here for more information.
The Lunafest Film Festival is planned for May 1, 2021.
The Used Book Sale previously planned for May 2021 is cancelled. The Branch is no longer collecting books.
Members: Sign Up for 2020-21 Interest Groups
This year, many Branch Interest Groups are meeting by Zoom or in small groups until pandemic restrictions are lifted. Keep up to date on Branch events and meetings by receiving email updates from group leaders and committee chairs:
The Branch’s Public Policy Committee has been very active this year. Contact Patricia to join the email list. No meetings are involved but being on the email list will keep you informed of action items in state legislature or Congress related to AAUW’s public policy positions.
- AM Lit meets the first Friday of each month by Zoom at 9:30 AM. Contact Jean to add your name to the email updates. Click here for this year’s reading list.
- AM Non-fiction meets October, December, February, April and June by Zoom at 10:00 AM. Contact Sue to add your name to the email updates. Click here for this year’s reading list.
- PM Lit meets the third Monday of each month in a small group outdoors (weather permitting) or by Zoom at 7:00 PM. Contact Susie to add your name to the email updates. Click here for this year’s reading list.
- PM Non-fiction meets September, November, January, March, May and July by Zoom at 7:00 PM. Contact Ewa to add your name to the email updates. Click here for this year’s reading list.
Film Group — We will meet in an open air setting on October 11. (Sunday instead of Saturday due the Saturday Branch meeting.) In November and thereafter (until further notice), we will meet on Zoom on the 2nd Saturday of each month. Contact Anne to add your name to email updates, receive notice of the film to be discussed and other details.
What is AAUW?
To advance gender equity for women and girls through research, education, and advocacy.
The American Association of University Women (AAUW) is the nation’s leading voice promoting equity and education for women and girls. Since our founding in 1881, AAUW members have examined and taken positions on the fundamental issues of the day — educational, social, economic, and political. Click here for more information on AAUW’s Mission, Vision and Values. Join us!
As AAUW continues to move forward in a changing world, so have our Strategic Plan and our Vision Statement. Click here to read the complete plan.
When you shop on Amazon, first go to smile.amazon.com and select AAUW Wheaton-Glen Ellyn Branch, NFP. By doing so, 0.5% of your purchase will be donated to the branch. It may not seem like much of a donation for a single purchase, but if we all remember to include smile.amazon.com in our purchases, it can add up to real money in support of our mission. Amazon has donated more than $100 to the branch since November 2018. Thank you in advance!