Next Branch Meeting:
Our next Branch Meeting will be in September and will be announced in mid-August. Planning for Branch programs is now underway. Click here if you have ideas for future programs or speakers.
Note: All March meetings will meet via Zoom.*
April 6 – 2021-2022 Program Planning Meeting, 7:00 pm
April 7 – Branch Meeting, 7:00 pm
April 9 – AM Lit (Yellow Bird), 9:30 am
April 10 – Film Group. 7:00 pm (Most likely via Zoom)
April 14 – Board Meeting. 7:00 pm
April 19 – PM Lit (Cheri Ami and Colonel Whittlesley), 7:00 pm
April 28 – AM Non Fiction (The Story of More), 10:00 am
* Members: Click here to access Twigs. Password required. Click here for assistance.
Other Branch Activity Updates:
Our new Branch initiative, Science Girls on the Go©, is reaching parents looking for at home STEM activities during the pandemic. Click here for more information.
The Lunafest Film Festival has been rescheduled for September, 2021.
The Used Book Sale previously planned for May 2021 is cancelled. The Branch is no longer collecting books.
Members: Sign Up for 2020-21 Interest Groups
This year, many Branch Interest Groups are meeting by Zoom or in small groups until pandemic restrictions are lifted. Keep up to date on Branch events and meetings by receiving email updates from group leaders and committee chairs:
The Branch’s Public Policy Committee has been very active this year. Click here for more information or to join the email list. No meetings are involved but being on the email list will keep you informed of action items in state legislature or Congress related to AAUW’s public policy positions.
- AM Lit meets the first Friday of each month by Zoom at 9:30 AM. Click here to add your name to the email updates. Click here for this year’s reading list.
- AM Non-fiction meets October, December, February, April and June by Zoom at 10:00 AM. Click here to add your name to the email updates. Click here for this year’s reading list.
- PM Lit meets the third Monday of each month in a small group outdoors (weather permitting) or by Zoom at 7:00 PM. Click here to add your name to the email updates. Click here for this year’s reading list.
- PM Non-fiction meets September, November, January, March, May and July by Zoom at 7:00 PM. Click here to add your name to the email updates. Click here for this year’s reading list.
Film Group — We will meet in an open air setting on October 11. (Sunday instead of Saturday due the Saturday Branch meeting.) In November and thereafter (until further notice), we will meet on Zoom on the 2nd Saturday of each month. Click here to add your name to email updates, receive notice of the film to be discussed and other details.
What is AAUW?
To advance gender equity for women and girls through research, education, and advocacy.
The American Association of University Women (AAUW) is the nation’s leading voice promoting equity and education for women and girls. Since our founding in 1881, AAUW members have examined and taken positions on the fundamental issues of the day — educational, social, economic, and political. Click here for more information on AAUW’s Mission, Vision and Values. Join us!
As AAUW continues to move forward in a changing world, so have our Strategic Plan and our Vision Statement. Click here to read the complete plan.
When you shop on Amazon, first go to smile.amazon.com and select AAUW Wheaton-Glen Ellyn Branch, NFP. By doing so, 0.5% of your purchase will be donated to the branch. It may not seem like much of a donation for a single purchase, but if we all remember to include smile.amazon.com in our purchases, it can add up to real money in support of our mission. Amazon has donated more than $100 to the branch since November 2018. Thank you in advance!